What is Liebster Blog Award? I had no idea either until this weekend, when I received a nomination by the lovely Laura. Thank you for the nomination; I appreciate it.
To be honest, at first I didn’t feel like participating, since it looked like a blogging chain letter, but then again it sounded fun.
So, how does this work? The Liebster Blog Award is intended for up and coming bloggers. The nominees are supposed to give 11 random facts about themselves, answer 11 questions by the blogger who nominated them, then nominate another 11 bloggers/blogs and ask them 11 questions of their own.
Without further ado, let’s start with the facts.
11 Random Facts
1. I learned to read on my own two years before starting school. How did this happen? Well as the youngest in the family, I was bored sitting in front of the TV not understanding any of the subtitles. So I said I wanted to read and my mum bought me the ‘popular word-book’. This clearly marks my initiation of not being able to stand boredom.
2. I’d read over 1,000 books by fifth grade. Had to wait for my parents to fall asleep and turn on the lights in my room to continue reading. That’s an obsession I got rid of as a teenager.
3. Don’t be shocked – I started to smoke at 13. And drink. And I was the last of my friends. Those were the days.
4. I’ve never dyed my hair and don’t intend to.
5. The longest I’ve managed without sleep is 5 days. Not fun at all.
6. I switched from a night to a morning person. It wasn’t as hard as I imagined.
7. Music heals my wounds best. They should medically introduce music therapy.
8. I love summer. Everything is great on sunny days.
9. When I’m busy I forget to eat. This eating irresponsibility is among the first things people notice about me, so getting a call from a friend reminding me to eat isn’t uncommon.
10. I don’t drive. Don’t you prefer being in the passenger seat, looking through the window with your mind wandering?
11. Fighting internal fears has become a habit. The adrenaline rush makes it easier.
Questions from Laura
1. Your favorite childhood memory?
Christmas. A real Christmas tree, decorated house, and boxes of presents with books and chocolates . My excitement lasted for months.
2. A pet peeve.
Hypocrisy. Can’t stand it. I’d accept anyone if he’s truthful, but two-faced people…..
3. Best response from a friend or family member about your blog or writing.
That my posts personify me. I always thought finding my voice will be very difficult (and it’s an ongoing process I guess), but if you’re true to yourself and the world, then it may come naturally.
4. Do you agree with how others see you, or is there more than meets the eye?
Depends who you ask. People see me in various ways, but there’s usually more than what meets the eye.
5. The best book you read recently?
This is a tough question since I read like a maniac. The most recent one that truly resonated with me was Ministry of Pain by Dubravka Ugresic.
6. Congrats! Your life is about to be made into a movie … Who do you want to play you?
Hm, what genre would the movie be? I would say – Natalie Portman.
7. Your strongest personal characteristic?
My strongest (and weakest) personal characteristic is empathy.
8. Your most over-used phrase, in speaking or in writing?
I haven’t noticed what it may be. Perhaps though or yet, because I like to question and contradict things.
9. Do you have an inspirational quote, motto, or words you live by?
10. Little known or secret talent?
Playing the flute.
11. What should you be doing now, instead of blogging?
Working – I have a few projects to finish.
Kevin Basil – An Indie author, blogging about writing, creativity, struggles and fears during the process.
Bethany Suckrow – A very talented young writer, who connects with you emotionally.
Ralph Dopping – An internal designer, who likes to share ideas and build on personal experiences.
The Renaissance Mind – A collection of thoughts, poems, stories and philosophy on humanity
Photosophy.com – A Philosophical Photo Blog.
Bharatwrites – An opinionated writer, who blogs about politics, science, sometimes fiction and philosophical ponderings.
Storywrought – A girl who dreams and quit her job to pursue something beyond what society defines as everyday life.
Hajra – She likes talking, writing and she’s fun.
Thoughts on Theatre – Inspiration to keep you moving
Cole Bradburn – Explores life full of love and adventure.
Unknown Jim – On pursuing your passion and creativity.
And here are the questions for the above bloggers:
1. What’s missing in your life?
2. Your favorite book of all time?
3. What inspires you?
4. Best vacation ever?
5. Why blogging?
6. How many close friends do you have?
7. If you have to choose between success and a lifetime of inner peace what would it be?
8. Your definition of success is?
9. City or country living?
10. Does the world need another revolution?
11. How would you like to be remembered after death?